The continuing hospital saga…

Once at the hospital things again got crazy again.  People were scurrying about getting my health history (which is pretty slim), and getting me hooked up to a heart monitor.  My heart was racing from 170ish beats per minute to 100ish.  Very erratic and fast would be a good description.  Once the ekg was done, they had decided to admit me.

Things just went down hill from there.  They started me on high doses of diuretics which helped me breath better and had me running to the bathroom!  I lost count on how many ekg’s  and labs were done!

I have to say that the nursing staff on the floor were absolutely fabulous!   They were caring and sweet with me even when I had a number of melt downs.  By Friday I was crying and looking for some ruby slippers to get me home.

I had a procedure where they were checking to see if I had any blood clots in my heart chambers.   That was interesting from what I can remember, thanks to Dr. Wolf my anesthesiologist. Once it was determined there were none, they shocked my heart to try and get it back in rhythm.

I proved to be too stubborn and my heart beat would not convert to normal rhythm.  (Yes it’s true, I beat to my own drummer!)  All I got from that procedure was a burn on my chest where the rather large patch was to conduct the electrical current.  (I have in my minds eye that I  raised up from the table like in the movies, but, I’m pretty sure that didn’t happen!)

Next best option was medication to help me to convert.  Now I have a cardiologist and a special “rhythm doctor”.  They got together and decided on a stronger medication which on Friday afternoon finally got my heart beating correctly!  Hooray, I get to go home, right?  Wrong!   I had to stay longer while the medications were tweaked and to make sure that I stayed in rhythm.

My final diagnosis is Afib and congestive heart failure.   I’m thankful that I was in the right place at the right time and the Lord was watching over me.

I finally got released on Monday!  So, one whole week tied to a bed while all my fellow demonstrators were having classes and receiving orders from our Stampin’ Up! retirement list.  Yikes, I feel so behind the ball!!  I’m having a hard time getting back in the saddle.

Thanks to those of you who still sent me orders.  I did have my ipad up there with me and did my best to get things done in a timely manner.  It was a wonderful thing to keep me busy and keep my eyes and mind off the monitor!

There are so many people to thank I don’t know where to begin.  Miss Leann took over my classes on Tuesday, what a blessing that was!  I received many beautiful cards, prayers and well wishes.  When I got home Miss Joyce and Frank brought over a wonderful dinner!   I am feeling so blessed about being surrounded by people who care about us.

My niece Tatiana and Miss Tami worked on keeping everything in order here on the home front.  Travis and Tami also took good care of Peter in my absence.  He is not fond of going to hospitals.  I did have lots of visitors while there.  Thanks to all who came.  We did have fun ordering food and eating together!  The food service and staff there were GREAT also!

Next test is scheduled for tomorrow.  I get to go back to the heart hospital and have a heart cath.  They want to make sure that I have no blockages before I head off to Hawaii on May 12th.  (I’m sure they all were tired of me saying:  “I need to get this all wrapped up by May 12th, because I WILL be on that plane!”)

How about a card after all that blabbing!?April 10 2015 techniques 005Here’s another card from my techniques class this month.  I was focused on watercoloring.  We used water color paper for this card front.  My favorite tool was used, the aqua painter.  I’m happy to say that this stamp set, Thoughts and Prayers is not retiring!

Sorry for all the chatter, but, it was the best way to reach my stamping family!

Happy Stamping!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to The continuing hospital saga…

  1. Barb D says:

    Hugs to you–gentle ones…………………… and prayers all goes well at your appointment as I have no plans to hear the screams all the way over here if you cannot board a plane on the 12th!

    Good Luck my Friend!

    • Cheryl says:

      I have a clean bill of “heart”. Heart cath done and no blockages found. I think I surprised everyone! Just could not bear another night in the hospital as nice as they all are!

  2. Shirley Shircel says:

    I was so happy to see your post. I am glad you are feeling better and still planning your Hawaii trip. I am sure you and Peter will have a great time. Shirley

    • Cheryl says:

      Thank you Shirley! We are planning on have a fantastic time all thanks to my downline and my stampers!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *