Hello World!

I FINALLY have my internet up & working again….

I have missed not being able to blog!  It’s really crazy how much I depend on this computer.  It’s just what I do on a daily basis and when it’s gone, I am in a tizzy!

Last night I had a down line meeting and  we had a lot of fun making a few cards and tags.  I will share the pictures of the projects in a bit.  But, first I wanted to share with you a picture of the little gifts my down line received.   When I was at convention I had picked up a few little items  for my fabulous SU family.

 

 

 

 

 

Here are the little gift packages. It includes a wish list pad, a SU bag  and a matching pen.   I also baked cookies and used our cookie press!  They were surprisingly good, (I am not much of a baker!).

So here are the projects we did last night.  One of the things that I love to do is re-purpose card stock that is cut and left over from another project.  So, make something old into something new.  I had left overs from the card that I demonstrated at Camp Stamp-in-Oga.  The layout is really adaptable to any color combination and holiday.  So, here is my remake:

I switched up the color of the birds, changed the DSP and spritzed the whole card front with shimmer paint mixed with alcohol. TaDa!  A Christmas card!

Next on the agenda was casing.  When you find a card that you just love, but, don’t want to just “copy” it.  We talked about changing it up and making it your own.  Here is my version.  (I am not going to put on the original card because I am not sure who it is from.)

The original card base was Sahara Sand and they used a stamp set from Sale-a-bration.  My version is on Rich Razzleberry and the stamp stamp is from  Serene Silhouettes and the wheel is called Chamomile.  Both were stamped with VersaMark and embossed with our white embossing powder.  Note the ribbon, it is our 1/4″ stitched grosgrain ribbon.  To get that nice ruffled look just use your paper piercing tool to pull up the white stitching and pull gently.  It works as a basting stitch to ruffle up the ribbon.

The last item we made were a couple of tags.  I thought that these may be useful is their SU business.  They would be perfect to be tied onto a hostess gift or a door prize at one of their workshops:

The tags were colored in using markers and then gently spritzed with water from one of our new spritzer bottles.  The tags its self and the backing were cut out using Window Frames dies.  They were then backed with different colors of cs.  To finish them off we used the paper piercing tool and the paper-piercing template.

Doesn’t that make you want to join my SU family?  Last week we welcomed Barb Z. to our little family and last night we welcomed Joan D.!  I am so excited that these great  ladies are now Stampin’ UP! demonstrators and I look forward to helping them build their business to fit their needs!

By the way they will both be getting that really cute Halloween painters tray with all the goodies in addition to their customized starter kits!

One last thing:

I would really like to that you all, my down line and my customers.  Last night I was promoted to Manager.  Which is really a big accomplishment for me and my SU business.

Happy Stamping!

 

 

 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *